Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Still waiting

It is currently September 6th, as of 33 minutes ago, and I am STILL waiting for my paperwork from China to arrive in order to go to the Embassy and apply for my working visa. That will take anywhere from 1-4 days to process and then I still have to book a flight which I am not doing until I actually get my visa and know for certain that I am good to go.

7 days ago the Superintendent of the school e-mailed me and told me that my paperwork would arrive in 3 to 4 days. Well, it's been 7 days, the school semester has started and I am still here in California waiting on that paperwork.

I am starting to question the competence of this school and as much as I don't want to arrive there with a negative mindset it's going to be difficult if my paperwork doesn't arrive here by Monday or Tuesday.

Hopefully, it gets here on Monday and I can go to the Embassy on Tuesday to begin processing my visa then return on Wednesday to retrieve it.

If that happens I might be able to fly out of here on Saturday or Sunday...maybe even Friday but I'd like to give myself a couple of days to pack and tidy up the room I've been staying in before I leave.

I could start packing now but I'm not going to until I have that visa.

Hopefully a week or so from now I will be posting a new blog discussing my arrival in Kunming.

Come on paperwork...get here.

No comments: