Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Life won't wait


I think this album was released in 1998 and was probably Rancid's 4th official album.
I had been a fan of them since around 1994 and owned their first three albums. However, by 1998 I was starting to feel bored of punk and ska music and was interested in exploring other genres and styles of organzied sounds and silences.
Still, when this album was released in '98 I was curious to hear it so I bought it. At that time I thought it was 'ok' but nothing spectacular and there were only a few songs that I really enjoyed listening to over and over again.
10 years later (i.e. now) I decided to download this album (I don't remember if that was common or possible 10 yeas ago) and I enjoy it a lot more than I did when I was 18.
I especially enjoy a lot of the tracks from the second half of the album such as "Cocktails", "Turntable" and "Cash, Culture and Violence".
Anyway, I think this album and Tim's solo release "A poet's life" have restored some of my appreciation for Rancid and punk/ska music in general though I'm still a fan of other types of music.
The new Rancid album is supposed to come out around September and I'm wondering if it will be any good.
BAF

No comments: