Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, November 23, 2015

Tuesday

Today is Tuesday. November 24, 2015 and I am sitting here in my English Literature class in Kunming, China making a blog post while my students translate some vocab words from "Animal Farm" which we are currently reading. Our previous book was "A Christmas Carol" and our next book will be "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe".

There is a rumor that the students will have some sort of sporting event next week on Monday and Tuesday and that I and the school's other foreign teacher will not have to come into work which means we might have a 4 DAY WEEKEND.

I really hope we do because I'd like to take a trip to Lijiang via night train. I could leave Kunming around 10pm...ish and arrive in Lijiang the next day around 8 or 9am....ish.

I'd probably spend all day there and then take a 1-2 train or bus to Dali, spend the night there, spend Sunday there and then take a night train back to Kunming.

Something like that...or maybe I'd spend an extra day in Lijiang....or I could still return to Kunming on Monday and then visit the Stone Forest or the Zoo or something.

The winter holiday will kick off in about 2 months and I'm still not 100% sure which places I will visit but Siem Reap, Camobodia and Hanoi, Vietnam are high on my list. I'd also like to see the Great Buddha of Leshan, the Avatar Mountains in Hunan, Guilin and a few other places. I think I can actually see a lot of new places during the winter holiday and maybe during the summer I can re-visit Beijing or Guangzhou or some other familiar places.

I just realized that today is the 24th which means that I have now been in Kunming for a full two months and that is pretty awesome.

No comments: