Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween 2015

So, this year's Halloween was a bit interesting. During the week my school treated me to dinner and drinks (lots of drinks) and invited me to attend some sort of event/Chinese speaking competition to be held at Yunnan Normal University on Halloween.

I guess I agreed to it because on Friday one of my co-workers reminded me of it and told me to be in the office (on Saturday) at 6:30pm.....I decided to just go with it because there didn't seem to be much going on in town.

I know some bars were having costume contests and stuff but none of them really interested in me and I was thinking of just staying in and reading some books or maybe going to Salvador's to enjoy some quesadillas....but I didn't have anything major planned.

So, I went to the office around 6pm on Saturday, as promised, messed around on-line for 30 minutes and then my Chinese driver, named Kevin, showed up and drove me to the event where I met with Sophia and the other teachers from school.

It was a much larger event than I had anticipated and was televised.

I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would and took a lot of pics and video footage.

I'm currently uploading video footage from last night to my youtube channel and once it is finished I will post one or two of the videos from last night.

It was definitely a unique Halloween for me.

No comments: