Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Quotes....with no theme

I joined the Navy in June 2010 and it is currently July 2010. I am not supposed to ship out to basic training until next summer (but hopefully this date will be shortened) but it seems unlikely that I will ship out before the end of 2010.
As a result, I have some free time on my hands and have been checking out a lot of books from the Ventura County Library System and jotting out quotes and passages I like on a notepad I keep with me when reading.

Here are a few of the shorter ones (no time to type out the lengthier ones):


"But though all knowledge begins with experience it doesn't follow that it arises out of experience." - Kant

"Our current modes of rationality are not moving society forward into a better world. They are taking it further and further from that better world."
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

"Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive."
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

No comments: