Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

2011 to 2015

Between 2011 and 2015 I was enlisted in the U.S. Navy and didn't have a lot of free time and when I did I was usually sleeping or exploring Japan or a port with my camera. I wrote less and devoted more time to photography. I did keep a journal on my laptop but that laptop is currently in California and I'm back in China teaching again.

In 2011 I went to boot camp, A School and C School in the USA to complete my Navy training and between 2012 and 2015 I was stationed in Atsugi, Japan.

I completed three 6 month deployments aboard the USS George Washington and visited several countries including: Singapore, Malaysia, The Philippines, Guam (USA), Hong Kong (China), Australia and South Korea.

I took thousands of photos and published many of them on my Facebook page for my friends and family to enjoy but I think I might start posting some of them here also to account for that period in my life.

Some of my accomplishments and interesting experiences during that time include:
1.) Meeting the woman I am currently engaged to marry on February 16, 2018
2.) Receiving an Honorable Discharge from the US Navy
3.) Meeting Karl Pilkington in Japan when he was filming "The Moaning of Life"
4.) Seeing Melt Banana in concert 3 times in Japan (I think I posted about them here in the past)
5.) Visiting and photographing Mount Fuji, Kamakura, Tokyo, Yokohama, Nagasaki, Nagoya, Nagano, Nikko, Nara, Kyoto and Osaka.....something I had wanted to do for many years
6.) Taking a photo of Iwo Jima from our ship with my ipod (I think that's cool)

Here are a few pics from that time that I have on my laptop.....













No comments: