Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Update

Haven't posted anything here in a while....left China in September 2009 and have been back in the USA since then....looking for a new job now but the economy here is lousy....thinking about going to school to become an EMT and also thinking about doing some background acting for random movies in Hollywood.

I completely forgot about this blog and haven't really used it much for the past year or two...I guess that's because I started having trouble accessing it when I was in China (along with Myspace, Facebook and youtube) so I just stopped thinking about.

Since I've been back in the states (came back in September 2009) I've had some interesting experiences which I wish I would have remembered to blog about. I stayed in Colorado with my grandparents for a few months, met my uncles and cousins for Thanksgiving in Texas for the first time in my life, spent a weekend in Portland, Oregon with a friend who I met in Wuhan China sometime around 2005 or 2006, stayed with a "friend" from elementary school in Keller, Texas for several frustrating weeks and then rode a bus from Texas to Los Angeles where my friend's sister picked me up and took me to Simi Valley, California. I stayed in her spare room for about a month and tried to find a job in the area but did not succeed so one of my brothers, Jarrod, invited me to move into his apartment with him in Fillmore, California. I guess I've been in Fillmore for about 2 months now and have continued to apply for jobs weekly (sometimes daily) all throughout Ventura county and am still unemployed which really sucks because I hate having this much free time on my hands and zero income. I can't even afford gas now....hopefully, something will open up before the end of the year and then I can take a 6-month EMT course and do some background work in Hollywood for extra cash and for the experience itself.

I'd also like to purchase some new bass strings and an affordable digital 8-track so that I can start recording some of my new musical ideas. I've been listening to bands like Polysics, Lightning Bolt and Street Sweeper Social Club and have been inspired to start composing some new material. When I have a source of income once again I'd also like to invest in some effects pedals for my bass.

Been watching a lot of movies recently and reading a lot of books....I'll write more about that later.

No comments: