Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, January 27, 2008

First Blog

Hello.

This is just a test blog. I just discovered this site recently. I've been posting blogs and pictures of my travels around Asia on myspace.com but I'm getting kind of sick of that site so I think I'll start posting here instead.

If you don't know me here's a short bio:

My name is Brandon Fike and as of Feb. 4, 2008 I will be 28 years old. I basically grew up in Simi Valley, California (1989 - 2000) . I graduated from a very small University in a very small town in Tennessee in 2003. I received a Bachelor's Degree with two majors: Psychology and Philosophy. I don't study Psychology much anymore aside from Jung and William James but I do enjoying reading all sorts of Philosophy books and History of Philosophy books.

2 weeks after I graduated from College I flew to Wuhan, China to teach English at Zhongnan University of Economics and Law. It was an interesting year.

After I completed my contract there I went back to California for about 5 months but I wasn't really able to find work there and I didn't have a car because my parents sold it after I left the states (and kept the money for themselves) and my parents wouldn't help me with graduate school or anything really so I accepted a job offer in South Korea and flew there in Feb. 2005.

The salary was ok and South Korea is a nice country but I HATED my job and I did not get along with the people I worked with at all. It's a long story but after about 4 or 5 months I quit and took a boat back to China after accepting a job offer from a language school in Tangshan (Hebei) which is close to Beijing. That was a good experience. A very good experience. I learned some more mandarin, worked with an awesome staff and spent a lot of time in Beijing. It was fun. I stayed there for 6 or 7 months.

Then in Feb. 2006 I went back to Wuhan to work for the China University of Geosciences for a semester. That was also pretty fun and I liked the people I worked with there.

I went back to California that summer and stayed for an entire year. I worked as a video game tester and a substitute teacher. Then I flew to Thailand in June 2007 and I've been working here since then.

In March I'm going back to China to work in Changsha for a year.

BAF

No comments: